Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dublin Airport...Layover

Wednesday, August 18, 2010.  NY Time: 12:41 AM.  Dublin Time: 5:41 AM.  Paris Time: 6:41 AM.

The sun is just starting to come up here in Dublin. The sky is such a pretty turquoise blue now; a lovely deep turquoise, like the deep part of the ocean in Bermuda.  The airport has huge windows that allow me to see a good bit of the runway and buildings off in the distance.  I’m at Gate 103 waiting for my flight to board.  The flight is due to depart at 7:00 AM.  When I got on the plane in NY, traveling to Dublin, I called Mike to say another “goodbye.”  It started to hit me then.  I teared up.  It’s good though…it was a sign that I’m starting to feel this experience.  I was worried that I would not really be cognizant of the start of my journey until I arrived in Paris.

My seat on the plane was fantastic.  I was the first row after first class.  I had plenty of legroom, as I didn’t have anyone sititng in front of me.  It was great.  I didn’t sleep on the flight here.  At all.  I watched Date Night and Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang.  I played some sudoku and other games on the planes’ television set as well.

They have Starbucks in this airport.  It’s funny how I’m all this way away from home and America is ever-present.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  Just interesting.

As I sign off, the sky is a light, robin’s egg blue.  It’s lovely.  The sun is rising on my adventure. 
xo, aKiP

No comments:

Post a Comment