Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update

So on Tuesday night, I went to dinner with Julien.  If you recall, Julien was my waiter at Au Roi du Café on my first two nights in Paris.  He lives in the 18th arrondissement.  He met me at the Metro station near my house and he and I went to a café in my neighborhood that James (from school) recommended.  Julien gets off work early on Mondays and Tuesdays.  His English is incredible.  I learned all about his family, his childhood, and his likes and dislikes.  His parents don't speak any English at all.  He'd just been asked to take a management position at work on Tuesday.  He was so excited.  He loves his job, and although he doesn't cook professionally, he loves food.  One day he may want to own his own place.  I suggested the name "Julien's Café."  (Original, huh?)    He wants to help me improve my French.  I am really looking forward to making my French better, but I just don't have the time now.  
My favorite quote from Julien  was, "How do you say the wife of the beef?"  He was searching for the word "cow." :)
Julien (& Obams)
Last night (Wednesday) I gave my self the "night off" of school work.  That wasn't the best idea as I am now about to BEGIN an assignment that's due tomorrow.  I was just too darn tired to do it last night.  I'm going to do some work now, and a bunch of it this weekend.

We change groups on Monday.  Tomorrow's my last day with the low level, and with Marian.  I had my module 2 conference with Marian today.  It went quite well.  There were a few areas that she felt I was "above the standard" and the rest were all at standard.  That was great.  She said that As are very hard to get on the CELTA course, but I could try for one if I wanted to.  I have to commit to it by my second lesson next week, and will not be offered any help with lesson planning from that point on.  I'm all about it.  May not get it, but at least I'll have tried.  And if I'm going to be working my tail off anyway, I may as well have a lofty goal while doing so.

So, I'm off to work. :)
xo, aKiP

No comments:

Post a Comment